Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Adventure Begins

For the last 48 years, when school started, I started with it.  This year, that's all changed.    Both of my daughters had babies within the last year.  After a lot of soul searching and budget crunching, my husband and I decided we could make the sacrifice to care for these precious babies.  So I turned in my time to the school system, cleaned out my desk, and went to the house.  That's right!  I'm officially retired.  Since both my daughters are teachers in the school system, my clock will still run on school time. But that's okay.  I like  that I'm still connected to school in some fashion.  And since they've had in-services this past week, I've had the chance to begin my new "career".  It's been hectic, it's been challenging, but it's been so rewarding.  I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment